My grandchildren loved this easy project. Their nanny did most of the work since they are only 1 ½ and 2 ½ years old. An older child can do the project himself.
You will need:
Old clothes for the children so the kids won’t get paint on their clothes.
- 10 empty toilet paper rolls
- 1 Small rectangle of cardboard.
- Green paint
- Paint brush
- Several tiny ornaments in 2 or 3 colors
- colored tissue paper
- small shiny stars.
- Glue gun – The adult should do this part
I think you all know what toilet paper rolls, paint brushes,green paint and glue guns look like, so I don’t have photos of those things. But here are the other things.
- Paint the toilet paper rolls green.
- Pile them into a pyramid.
- Glue them onto the cardboard and then glue them together.
- Use the glue gun to “hang” an ornament inside each roll.
- Using white glue, dot some onto the top of the rolls.
- Sprinkle the glitter on the rolls.
This is a great project for a Saturday before Christmas. Have fun!