I enjoy looking at the articles on Pinterest. Periodically I get an email with a teaser photo. This time I bit! Look at this and tell me if it doesn’t spark an interest for you too?
I did all the heavy lifting. I went to Closet Cooking and I found the recipe.
Molten Chocolate Cake
Chocolate cakes with a decadent warm melted chocolaty center.
Servings: makes 3 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
3 egg whites
- Lightly grease 3 ramekins with butter.
- Melt the chocolate into the butter in a double boiler and let cool a bit.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar and mix into the chocolate.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl until they form soft peaks.
- Fold the chocolate into the egg whites.
- Pour the batter into the ramekins, no more than 2/3 full.
- Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 7-10 minutes. The outside will be set and possibly crack and the inside will still be liquid.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then run a knife around the edges and tip onto a plate. (Optional; Feel free to eat it right out of the ramekin with a spoon.)
I don’t know about you but I am going to try this cake.